Internal Pipeline Inspection: 6-14 Pipeline Crawlers
Internal Pipeline Inspection
6-14 Pipeline Crawler - Applications and Features
- Specifically designed for non destructive weld testing of circumferential butt welds in tubular installations such as oil and gas transmission lines, while in construction.
- Extremely compact and lightweight. Among the smallest pipeline crawlers in the world, enabling internal panoramic single image (SWSI) radiography to be carried out in internal pipeline diameters down to 5.3 inches, previously considered inaccessible to this superior technique.
- Gamma isotope head. (Up to 20 curies Iridium 192).
- X-Ray tubeheads available: 120 kV standard gas-filled and the 180 kV CP oil filled unit.
- Powered by high-efficiency rechargeable sealed lead acid batteries.
- Modular construction, ease of operation, maintenance, and servicing.
- Full remote control of travel, park, and exposure modes from outside the pipeline, using a small shielded signaling isotope.
- Safety features include anti-runaway circuitry, and retrieval latching assembly deployed using a purpose built recovery vehicle.